I was very kindly nominated for the Liebster Blog Award a shamefully long time ago and so I thought I really should get organised and respond! Here are the rules:
1. Add the award icon into your blog
2. Link to your nominator and say thank you.
The very marvellous LegalBallerina, thank you kindly!
3. Post 11 random things about yourself.
1. I have been known to wear flip flops for a worrying amount of the year.
2. I made Madeleines for the first time this weekend, they were awesome!
3. I love Bibimbap, a Korean dish which is amazing, and I am jealous that my awesome best friend gets to eat it whenever she likes!
4. I adore my cats an indecent amount, I talk to them far too much, and I’m firmly on the train to crazy cat lady land.
5. My mother has an epic rubber duck collection in her bathroom, encompassing ones from all around the world and in many guises.
6. My downstairs loo has blackboard painted walls and many horrific things written on it, previously it had fake grass on the walls and plastic flowers.
7. I have a girl crush on Claudia Winkleman, one of the presenters of Film2013.
8. I would have killed and created horcruxes to have worked on the Harry Potter films in any capacity!
9. My favourite Scottish reel is The Dashing White Sergeant.
10. My knitting machines have their own room in the house, much to my sister’s disgust.
11. That’s it, I’m just not that interesting.
4. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
1. Do you like mayonnaise? (Cause I think its disgusting). – Sometimes, in a sandwich maybe, from a jar, definitely not!
2. Have you ever had a recurrent dream? – Yup, all the time, but I’m not sure I want to repeat them, might provide too much insight into my psyche!
3. Have you ever passed gas in a room thinking you were alone and then (BAM) someone walked in? If so, what did you do? – Not that I know of, but maybe I have?
4. Name your favorite horror movie, even though you may not like them. – Probably the Scream films, because they just make me laugh!
5. Do you currently have a favorite pillow you sleep with? How about a blanket or a stuffed animal? – Mainly the cats, who like to treat me like their personal plaything while I try to sleep.
6. If you won a million dollars, what is the FIRST thing you would do. – Laugh maniacally and rub my hands in glee.
7. What is the worst Christmas present you ever got? – Wouldn’t want to offend anyone with this, mainly I’m disappointed when someone clearly hasn’t put any thought into a present.
8. If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? – Happy.
9. Have you ever been in a real fight? If so – what happened? – Do siblings count? If so, yes, many times over. If not, no.
10. Do you like the current era you live in or would you rather live in a different one? If so, which era would it be? (Me? the70′s. Alllll the way.) – So many to choose from! Georgian England, 20s Paris, 50s America, so many more, though most aren’t very feminist friendly!
11. What is the worst thing you ever did to a sibling? If you don’t have siblings, what is the worst thing you intentionally did to your parents? (Cause it’s the same thing.) – Possibly laughing at my sister when she nearly broke her nose, and laughing again when she developed black eyes and a puffy face the next day. In my defense it was very funny and entirely her fault!
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (and let them know).
Golly gosh, 11 is quite a lot, here we go:
Revealing the Invisible (a shameless plug for an exhibition I’m helping to organise this year)
6. Post 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate.
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and where would you live?
2. Marry, snog or avoid: Donald Trump/Psy (Gangnam Style)/Gérard Depardieu?
3. Favourite Disney character and why?
4. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. What is it?
5. Do you like coffee table design books?
6. What movie/song sums up your life?
7. If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
8. Have you read any Agatha Christie books?
9. If you could have any supernatural power, what would it be?
10. What would a close family member say is your most annoying habit?
11. If you could be any character in any musical, who would you be?
Ooof, that was exhausting!